Pressure washing is a popular method of cleaning dirt and grime off surfaces using a jet of water at high pressure. Because of the high speed at which the water jet hits surfaces, it is able to dislodge any stubborn grime that may otherwise be stuck on the surface. While it has long been used to clean surfaces such as driveways and pathways, pressure washing is not something that is commonly associated with windows. In this post, we take a closer look at some of the pros and cons of pressure-washing windows.
Pros of Pressure Washing for Windows
Using a pressure washer to clean your windows can have several benefits, including:
- Efficiency: Pressure washers are more efficient than traditional window cleaning tools due to their ability to quickly clean large areas.
- Effectiveness: If you are experiencing stubborn stains or grime on your windows that may not be easily gotten rid of with traditional window cleaning tools, pressure washing may be a more effective cleaning solution.
Cons of Pressure Washing for Windows
However, cleaning windows with pressure washers also has several disadvantages, especially when it isn’t done by professionals. Some of these cons include:
- Lack of Precision: With pressure washers, it can often be difficult to clean some of the smaller and more intricate features of your windows.
- Risk of Damage: At the same time, not all windows are suitable for pressure washing, and if done incorrectly, pressure washing can also cause irreparable damage to the window’s waterproofing and sealing. In more extreme cases, window glass that may already have small cracks in it may be shattered under high-pressure jets.
- Safety Concerns: If not used properly, the high-pressure jets can also cause injuries such as abrasions or bruising.
Given the numerous disadvantages associated with pressure washing windows, they may not be suitable for average homeowners and should be left in the hands of professionals.
Leaving the Pressure Washing to Professionals
If you are still keen on exploring pressure washing as a cleaning solution for your windows because of stubborn stains that you are unable to get rid of with traditional cleaning techniques, it is best to consult professional window cleaners.
Professional window cleaners will have the knowledge of and familiarity with window cleaning to know what the best cleaning solutions for your windows are, and they can better advise you on whether pressure washing is suitable. If not, professional window cleaners also typically have specialised tools that can help them ensure your windows look as good as new without the need for pressure washing.
Acorn Window Cleaning: Melbourne’s #1 Professional Window Cleaners
Acorn Window Cleaning is the number one window cleaning company in Melbourne, and we offer a variety of window cleaning services, including both commercial and residential window cleaning. Our team is highly trained and has decades of industry experience, ensuring that your windows will receive nothing but the best care and treatment. Contact us today for more information!